Sunday, April 25, 2010

Very eventful weekend!!!!!!!!!

Fancypants/Judysnaith came to spend the night on Saturday. It seems to be a weekly weekend event these days. It is a good thing, because I didn't realize what I had taken on myself and was getting over whelmed with things. Being that Fancy is a BC Survivor and a Conga Rider, going with the Flo, the whole trip. She has certainly stepped up to the plate.. She is our book keeper and now has become a roommate almost...lol If it isn't me staying at her house it is her staying at my house. Funny thing happens all the time, it never rains it pours. Good thing the weather isn't on our side for riding because it keeps us inside, blinging and organizing things to give as a gift for a donation.
Last night we spent hours and hours putting little baggies together to give as token gifts for a $25 donation, $20 donation, $10, donation, $5 and $2 for those that can't donate more. We always feel better giving a little token gift when we ask for money. In the last month I put $1,000.00 for BC items.. Freeking out just a little that our idea was off the wall. So my Bro, BigE comes out to help us put the bags together... The ideas started flying out of all 3 of our minds. Eric says, well... I'm going for a beer to the Elk Club, maybe I should take a few bags and see what I can do.. We were all over that, as we continued to bling out pink pleather gloves. yeah!!
Off he goes, and in an hour or so, he comes back with a big assed grin on his face and says!!!! Let's count it, it seems it went pretty good, people were buying it up. While he was gone, I say to Fancy....what ya think me Bro will come back with?? She says...I'd be dang proud if he came back with $75 bucks.. I say hell ya, but him and his baby blues, I'm betting $200.... In he walks proud as punch, throwing the bag of money on the table....I count it up and there it is.....$400.00 UNBELIEVABLE!!! Now we are only half way to gettin our money back.
So we finish bling up all the gloves and are tired to the bone, Eric says... you girls got to come down in pink tomorrow and do it again....Tomorrow comes, we bling some more and get in our pinks!! Fancy looks at me and says if you had some pink hair, I would wear it....We did, bottom line, we hit 2 pubs, came home with another $200.00 towards our goal of paying of the items we bought. Now we only have to raise another $400 to pay off the chance we took.. We have learned over this one. Instead of buying all these thingies, and spending 2 days bagging things up, the best way to do it is buy BC magnets everyone is willing to donate $5bucks. so for that you give them a gift of a car/bike magnet. Trial and error. So far no errors, just learning the hard and the easy way!! Breast Cancer Magnets are the way to go!!!!
We were smiling!!! Still got 2 heavy box loads of stuff to unload before we go to our job of the new Magnet business. If there is someone out there, that can share even an easier way, we would be grateful. There will be pics to come of Fancy and Flo fundraising today...Scarey!!!

No comments: