Thursday, April 8, 2010

More Sponsors in Campbell River

After I got off work today I put on my pink leathers, and my pink frills in my hair and tassles and my pink blingy gloves and started going around town for an hour. I figure if I get an hour a day in, and at least one donation we are doing good. 
London Drugs gave us a pink Breast Cancer Snuggly with matching footie fluffy socks, it looks so dang cozy, I wanted to come home and cuddle up. Maycock Optical gave us a real nice pair of sunglasses. Odyssey Computers gave us a $100 gift certificate for having computer work done. Treasure Moments Antiques gave us a $50 check. 
I went to a few more places and left the fliers and have no doubt that they will be getting back to me. Both places, had lost someone to Cancer and assured me they are interested. 
I am really proud of Campbell River so far. Funny the places you think will come through turn you down, and the others are very generous. It is getting easier and easier to ask for donations. There really are a lot of kind people out there. So those of you that are trying to help with the fund raising, put on your pink, take a flyer, Put on a smile, and the rest falls in place. 

No comments: