Sunday, June 20, 2010

ELKS CLUB GARAGE SALE BARBECUE

We were there at 10am, on Fathers Day. Poor Wilbur being a Father had to spend it going witheflo selling burgers, or at least trying. He would get a bunch on, and by the time people arrived, they were like cardboard. So after a few times he said he would wait until people arrived, and then put them on. They didn't want to wait. So in total from 10-4pm, we sold 5 burgers and 2 dogs. We had a stack of over cooked meat, that we had a really big problem throwing out so we put them in a container in the cooler, and you should see this MEAN pot of chili I am cooking. Left over tomatoes, onions, burgers, wieners, and beans... Ha!! Waist not want not, when you come from a big family of 9.
The garage sale was pretty pathetic to start off. Honestly no one started arriving untill late in the afternoon. I was determined to sell some stuff, as I sure did not want to pack it all up again. I knew, that once i made up my mind, it would go to the Sally Ann at the end of the day, so why not take what little people were offering me.. Come on 50 CENTS??? This is a fundraiser, not that many cared. I can be as cheap as the rest but, I do know the value, and I never charge more, than I would be willing to pay. I would rather give it to someone than get 50 CENTS!!
So.. although the barbecue was PATHETIC...LOL I made about 500 bucks on my stuff, and and other $200 on just nice people donating for the cause. Like this one guy who was actually at our Car wash, came to buy 2 pink pens... He gave me $30 bucks... omg, told me he lost his wife while they were in Mexico, she had cancer and it went through her body so fast she couldn't get home. So then we get to talking and he says he will be right back. He went to the book store and bought these 2 Harley Davidson books valued at $65 each and said I hope you can make some money at a raffle.

Barbecue not going so well!!

White boots did not sale again!!
For more Pics, go here

No comments: