Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Conga Fever

Whelp.. 2 more sleeps and the Conga III hits the open road. Hard to believe!! We have hit our goal.. $14,000.00 for Breast Cancer. The fever is in the air... People have hit the road from North Carolina, getting ready for kickstand up on Vancouver Island, down Texas way, they are exploding with emotion. People are coming from Saskatchewan...Emails are coming in left right and center from people I have never even spoke to before, with well wishes, prayers and blessing, to say thank yous for what we are doing.
I just put in my last day at the ol Barbershop. I decided to close it rather than pay the bills while I am gone. Not to worry, I already have another place to go to when and if I get back... lol  It's all good, 
Conga Fever!!
A lot of ups... and a few little downs, but I tell you nothing will get in my way of making this another amazing Conga ride. I see good things in the future, not only for work, but for the Conga and all the people that have so willingly stepped up to the plate to make it one hell of an event. Not only are we raising money for a cause, we are meeting women for the first time. From the INTERNET... Yup.. again, a small world we live in.. So big, yet so small. I want to say I have met, but I haven't, even tho it feels like I have. Some of the coolest people. People from magazines, that want to do a story on us or cool people like lets say... BRENDA FOX
I mean really ...I can say she is my friend. Who is Brenda Fox you say??


The founder of women motorcyclist is Brenda FoxBrenda Fox, a Spokesperson for Women in Motorcycling, Professional Motorcycle Test Rider, journalist, stunt actor ... and high-profile motorcycle enthusiast whose inner circle includes AMA Hall of famers Malcolm Smith, Skip Van Leeuwen, Danny LaPorte, reads as the "who's who" of the best motorcyclist in the world. Few women have had the opportunity to ride with motorcycle icons such as Jesse James and Arlen Ness, but Brenda's pavement history includes legends such as these and other highly respected motorcycle greats. She has trained with Motorcycle Hall of Fame legend Fast Freddie Spencer, raced in several SCORE Off Road races along the likes of the Baja 1000, and fitness trained with six time AMA National Motocross Championships "Golden Boy" Broc Glover.


How frickin cool is that.. She is a big supporter of the Conga and wishes us all well. If she was well, she would be riding with us this year. Hopefully next year she will be riding with a vengeance.
Women Motorcyclists

No comments: