Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Behind the scenes!!

 I thought it would be interesting to post some of the private emails I get behind the scenes. It is over whelming sometimes.  I wish I could remember every ones  names and where they are from. It sure would be nice to remember it all, so I am going to start posting stuff.
I am so excited to learn about Women Who Ride and Rock! 
I befriended you all on face-book. Then I came to you website and read the stories! How exciting. The story about riding back from Florida, brand new rider on a brand new bike with all these women helping you literary brought tears to my eyes. This is really great! I would love to be a part of it. I am in South Louisiana and ride with a girl in Florida occasionally at rallys. Do you all attend any bike events (Daytona Bike week, New Orleans Bike Week)? And last, but definitely not least, is there any of the group by me? Or riding this way?

Flo shared your email. Probably because I'm a new rider as well and I'm so enthusiastic about it. I use words like affirming, empowering, rewarding, etc. All that for my bike and riding, but I can also use those same words for each and every rider I've met. Isn't that awesome! Please 'Friend' me on FB and go see my stuff. You can also look see my progress via my blog: http://hummingbiird.blogspot.com/

I highly encourage you to get the Ride like a Pro DVD for use at home. Also, attend training with the Palladino's in Florida. It will be worth every penny. I can say this because on May 15 I took the MSF course and got my endorsement. I had never ridden a motorcycle. I did have a year on a 49cc scooter, which does not count as the dynamics are so different than a 600+ pound bike with a manual transmission. Mid June, Flo contacted me with info that she found THE bike for me. I trust her, so wired money from my hometown, Wenatchee Washington, to Campbell River, Vancouver Island, British Colombia CANADA!! Crazy, I know!! :) I purchased a Yamaha V-Star 1100cc custom. So I went from a 125cc trainer in May to 1100cc at the end of June! I could do this because Flo used the RLAP techniques to start me on my bike. We did good! I only wish that I could have spent more time with Flo to gain a few more skills before I trailered my bike home.  This spring, I hope to take an advanced riders course that will firmly create an outstanding foundation of skills. In my opinion, new riders are lucky - in that they may start out correctly and gain miles more safely than those folks that have ridden forever with crappy skills. That's my opinion and others might think differently, but you should hear the comments of the guys I ride with at work. They can't believe I got such a big bike, that I handle it well enough for so few miles under my butt, etc.

I encourage  you to start a blog and post your rides and progress. It's a neat thing to look back at what  you thought was really hard and to now have it be a rote item.
What an inspiration you are!! This is great! I do want to FB you. What name do I find you under?
 And yes, I do need skills! I rode a dirt bike as a kid and my first motorcycle was a 750 Honda but I only had it for a few short months. I did take the Riders course and have my license, but I would love to know more and ride like a PRO! I want to take an advanced course as well.
 I am working on a blog as we speak for my website. That is one of the many new things I want to do in 2010 with my site. Any ideas or constructive critism is welcome.
 I will check out your blog!
 Thanks again, you guys are GREAT!!
 

No comments: