Sunday, February 28, 2010

Another Island girl!!

  This is pretty darn cool. I have been seeing this gal all over and what an inspiration she is, so I contacted her being she lives right here on the Island. She is amazing and just wanted to share her story as she said it was ok. She is hoping to do the Conga with us too.
Maritimebrew Canadasotherend February 27 at 6:38pm
First let me say..what you do is amazing...thank you for all your do for breast cancer...
When I returned from Afghainstan (military tour) in 2002,I was told I had breast cancer..but it was caught so very early,So I didnt loose my girl..lol My sister also had breast cancer..both of us had it in our left breast....she lost 1/2 her left breast..we are both clear now...she is still in her 1st year of being clear...and you know the rule...5 years...she is a biker as well and lives in Athabasca Alb...
We are nothing special...we just do our thing..I was in the military for 20 years..hard..had to leave my kids behind alot...I was up for retirement when I found out about the cancer...so I desided to take teh 20 years out...get the pension...still cant believe im retired..lol
The military paid for me to take an airbrushing course in the states..as my new life began...hard to let go of my G.I.Jane side.lol
I love painting bikes...My best freind..Jewlz..the one that owns the R1 sport bike..Iv done her bike 3 times for her..she crashed it right infront of me last summer...christ..i thought she was dead when i seen her hit the pavement...
I have a few gals that are family to me,that all ride...Iv only just discovered teh sisterhood a few years ago...and omg...what a feeling of having girls around me..lol When for 20 yrs it was all men...
I live in victoria...but from PEI..but liked it here and desided to stay for now..
my airbrushing site is
www.fergyscustompaint.piczo.com

The shop I paint at is also a new shop...and he is also a cancer servivor and just retired from the military..he had prostate cancer..

www.truenorthmotorcycles.piczo.com

and yes...I really want to be apart of the ride...if I am around...and my friend Kat and I want to ride to edmonton this summer...me with a backpack on my back on a ridgid...yip..should be fun..lol

happy to have a new sister in my life..you rock

Debbi: aka by everyone as (fergy)

No comments: