Thursday, October 29, 2009

First Sponsor CONGA III PATCHES

We have been working hard behind the scenes on getting a good start a preparing for the Conga. Usually I have bring back Conga bracelets from Mexico but I doubt as to wether I will be going this year.  We thought it would be cool to have a patch this time.  I wrote my friend Otis/Bob from Canadian Riders Forum.


 His wife Dolly just started up a new businees not long ago, doing patches. I had bought some of the great patches so I know the work is quality and affordable. Keep in mind, I have met Otis once a couple years ago.. He lives in Quebec even... How small of a world we live in!!
Dolly's business is LP CUSTOM EMBROIDERY  Any way, I thought I would approach them to see if they could help in anyway. This is what I  wrote....


Hey Otis,

Ol Flo has a favor to ask. As you may know we are planning the Conga III already. We will want a patch made. Here is what I am thinking.. Canada and USA united with the Pink Ribbon and Conga III on it. Do you think it would be possible? Quite the test ;)
Secondly, we are looking for sponsors and donators. This is always hard for me to ask. Is there anyway you would want to help in anyway? Do you have ideas? Maybe talk to your wife, and she what she thinks. We are going to be having tshirts made, and would like to use it on the tshirts too. our sponsors would be on the flyers and tshirts.
Also, it would be wonderful, if you or anyone you know would like to join in on the Conga. We plan to ride to Wyoming and meet up with Donna and whom ever, ride around a few days and get to know each other, head up to Canada for the return trip home.
We are in the early stages of planning.. Let me know what you think.
Flo
His response was......
Hey there FLOwer,

First of all LP Custom Embroidery is behind you ALL the way. Dolly says it would be her PLEASURE to help you in any way she can as this is a cause close to her heart, she lost her Mom to Breast Cancer. As you know she is a graphic artist so designing a patch should not be a problem.
Second of all she is also CEO (sheesh) of LP Custom Embroidery and will supply you with patches. She would however like to know (roughly) how many you would like. with all that being said I will hand the reigns over to you and Dolly. You can continue this venture and line of communication with her at : http://www.lpcustomembroidery.com/.com unless of course you want to talk to me :)
have a good one and hope this helps you out abit
Bob
Wow!!! How cool was that?????? Our first Sponsor from Canada!!! Thankyou from the bottom of our hearts!!!!!! Here is Dolly's response...

Hi Flo,

I have no intentions of charging anything. I love creating and contributing to great causes!
The Conga starts in July.....so that gives us plenty of time which is great.
I am excited to get 'the ball rolling' and am proud to be a part of your great cause. Talk with you soon
Dolly








No comments: