Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Our Conga Sister Dusty

Last night I received a letter from Cindy about our Conga Sister Dusty who is fighting Breast Cancer. Here is the conversation!!

Cindy Alexander October 12 at 5:38pm Report
I sent an inquiry to Dusty about how she is doing. She and I had a conversation in Cheyenne about the return of her cancer that the doc told her about in June. She told him that this was the last summer with a child in her home and when she left for college she would come back for treatment. He advised against it. She said, "I'll see you in August." It was her children who did fundraising for her to ride the Conga because she was the best survivor they knew. I got to thinking that is was long overdue to hear about how it all went so I sent her the questions and here is her response. She posted on FB but somehow I missed it and figured you may have also. She did hear from Vegas. Just saying.
Read on. She's quite a gal. I feel honor to know her.
-C

Dusty Price October 12 at 5:03pm Report
Hi Cindy! Can it really be three months since Conga?? It seems like yesterday AND a lifetime ago. Many things have happened since I took my daughter to Hawaii for school. The day after I returned to new Mexico, I went for my MRI.the day after that, I scheduled my appointment for surgery, which was on September 24, to remove 4 tumors. After surgery, I asked the dr what he thought and he begged off til my follow up on Tuesday... I said nonononono....we aren't playing that game. Tell me what you think. He thought things were ok but wouldn't commit to it until the pathology report came back. Sooooooooo...Tuesday I had my appointment and I was waiting on pins and needles in his office...he came dancing in!! Literally dancing! Free and clear and goodbye for six months! No maintenance drugs, no blood draws, no steroids, no nothing!! Let me tell you, I did my own happy dance - and still do every chance I get! I am so blessed to be through with this insidious thing, and I am so blessed to have met the wonderful people over the summer on the Conga ride...can life get any better?!!
Thank you for asking...I get a bit carried away, but it's all good!
Prayers work...keep praying for every soul who has been touched by breast cancer and let's not only kick it to the curb, let's ray it off the face of the earth! It can happen!

I hope all is well with you and I look forward to seeing you next year on the Conga iv!
WHOO HOO DUSTY WE ARE SO HAPPY FOR YOU , SEE YOU IN JULY!!!

No comments: