Saturday, October 9, 2010

Day 7 arriving in Cheyenne

Sonny/Creeper-Flo-Vegas/Debbie
Debbie is a Breast Cancer survivor. I have known Debbie the longest on the WWR Forum from the very first Conga. She was one of my biggest Spirit Riders and told me that through her recovery it was one thing that helped her get out of bed everyday to see where the Conga was. Sonny is her husband and a very great Cabana Boy. At first he didn't want to come. He didn't think traveling with a bunch of women would be his cup of tea. I tell ya, he fit right in, wore pink, and cried like the rest of us when it was over. They will be at Conga IV
These are the Twisted Sisters, Natali/Twisted, Lori/Twisteder. They are from Saskatchewan. We hooked up with them in the last couple of weeks of planning. They lost their mother to Breast Cancer so this was very important to them. They raised over $2,000.00 by selling pink Angels that Lori had made. What a blast these two are, and are planning the next Conga also.
Shirl Joan, Pamela. These Chickies have no knick names as of yet. Pamela is a bit of a Cougar though ;) These gals are from Idaho
Here is sweet Cindy/Texasred. She is from Texas and a huge organizer of the Conga. She pretty much set the whole thing up in Cheyenne. We talked weekly almost daily for the year. It was so amazing to meet her.
Here is all of us together. I think there is a few missing as they were tired and didn't make it to the shindig at Mavericks. That is Vicci Melton on the far bottom right. She found us the cool American Canadian Flags
Here is Virginia/Koozie-Tamela-Karen/Biird-Vgirl-Tanya. Koozie is from Arizona (Ithink), Tamela from North Carolina, Biird, Washington, and our Vgirl Canada eh! 
Kooziegirl found us the cool boobie koozies that we made big bucks on later selling them in the lounge. Tamela she  is a brand new rider of a month traveling alot on her own but managing to find riders along the way too. I got to know Tamela a few months before the ride. We all know Biird and Vgirl as they have traveled all the way by now
A couple of more Texans Connie, and Dusty. Dusty is a survivor also. I got to know these two lovely ladies through FB and were huge supporters of anything I tried to do, from purchasing items to finding items to auction.
Shirl, Carrie, Patricia
Carrie is the Idaho leader, Shirl follows and Patricia is from Colorado.
Now I know I have missed a few due to not having the pictures other than in the group shot. Like the Instigator/Barb, my buddy Docdonna.. I didn't get hold of her for a few hours.
We finally arrive and here is my recollection three months later as we pulled into the Holiday Inn, in Cheyenne. My guts were churning. I knew that everyone thought I was the leader of the Conga. Not the ride itself. But I made the rules. I don't, but that  is just the way it is. I am the Founder and that even sounds funny when I was labeled that. In my eyes I had some obligation to make this whole thing work. I was nervous as hell!! We pulled into the breeze way and everyone was mingling out side. The bikes were undercover, and there were TONS of them. Omg, it's really happening!! They are here, it worked!! I managed to park my bike okay and everyone started coming towards me. I had seen many pics of everyone, so I pretty much knew who they all were, it just took a bit because I was so nervous.
The first one I can recall seeing was Vegas/Debbie my longest time friend on the net other than Donna. She came at me with open arms and just said "Vegas"It was always easier to go by nick names as that is what you saw on the forums. We just stood there hugging each other rocking back and forth. Pulling away, and laughing and looking at each other. Wow!!
I recall Tamela coming at me ripping her helmet off in the same manner with her arms flying saying "Tamela" 
One after the other, the gals from Saskatchewan everyone. I was over whelmed.. Flo this, and Flo that, and omg... Stop, I feel like a celebrity!! Enough, enough,and where is that Donna, lets all go in get to know each other. I don't think there was a single  minute any of us felt uncomfortable or stuck for words. We went into the lounge shared stories and ideas, and talked about the next few days of events. I confessed how nervous I was and worried how things were going to work.
Everyone was fantastic and said not to worry it would all work itself out. From then on in,  it was smooth as silk.
Donna came to the the lounge with her son Andy who was an absolute pleasure to have with us. The laughing started and didn't stop for the next 3 days.
I think when we arrived in Cheyenne we had raise $20,000.00 for Breast Cancer. This was just the beginning we had surpassed our goal by 6,000 already! 
We had a fairly early night. The next day we were  to give a Ride Like a Pro demo. Harris from Denver Colorado was to meet with us. He is an instructor for Police Officers.
Later on in the day we were headed to Mavericks for a Barbecue.

No comments: