Friday, October 8, 2010

Heading to Cheyenne Wyoming

Here we are Fancy, Biird, Wilbur,Vgirl, Flo, Shiela making our way to Cheyenne after having a time of our lives in Shell. We have a long way to go. Each time we leave for a new destination, I go through a sadness of saying good by.  I always wonder will the next stop be as good as the last. With the big 3 day convention so to speak (sounds too big of word for me) coming next, I can certainly say, I was getting nervous. So many things were going through my mind. Excitement to see the girls I had been talking to on line and never met. Vegas who is a Breast Cancer survivor that rode with me in spirit in 2008 when I bought my Harley from Donna Palladino. Well that goes with out saying how excited I was to be seeing her again. We are like long lost sisters since purchasing her bike. Now we have created this Conga Craze. Could we pull off a 3 dayer in Cheyenne and keep everyone entertained and organized. Crikey, I did not know what to expect on the other side. 
Then there was Texasred, whom I had been talking to weekly if not daily by emails and a couple times on the phone. Vicci who helped in so many ways and found those super cool American and Canadian flags. The Idaho gals!! Harris who was going to be there to help us with the RLAP demos. Tamela whom I just got to know, who was a brand new rider and joining our Conga. Shees the gals from Saskatchewan, the twisted sisters. I think they all thought I knew what I was doing and now I had to pull it off!! yup I was one   nervous cookie inside. 
It was still a blast at every stop!! Nick from Shell gave us the donation can which made it alot easier than wads collecting in my back pocket. It proved to the donaters we were for real and on a mission. Mind you one look at us all and our bikes, it didn't take much to convince them. We handed out business cards with the website so they could check it out or make an online donation if they wished. 
We alway try and take time to do the Conga dance. Front to end, we have Biird, Vgirl,Wilbur,Fancy,Carrie,Shirl,Joane,Flo, Dusty, Vicci, Shiela , our Cabana Boy Phil taking the shot. It wasn't long and we had a dozen bikes rolling down the highway on a mission! Felt great!!!


We had been texting back and forth with the Idaho group hoping we could meet up but didn't think it would happen as they left their hotel before us. Anyway, we were pulling in for fuel at this little town of Douglas Wyoming when all of a sudden we saw pink, they saw more pink!! Us.. seconds later we were all in the gas station together, hugging each other and introducing ourselves. We caused quite a commotion in that gas station that day, so much so that the woman running the store called the local news paper. They told us they hadn't seen anything like this in years if every.The guy was there in minutes and we were famous again.
We collected donations got ready to hit the road. I have to say it brought tears to my eyes going down the road 12 bikes decked out in pink just meeting each other for the first time. We had Texas, Idaho, Washington, Canada eh! Off we went with our feather and bling fying once again. Off to Cheyen to meet some more sisters. Actually now we had 2 Cabana boys, Wilbur and Phil.




No comments: