Thursday, October 21, 2010

Day 9 Denver with Harris

   

Here is Harris and Patricia beside him. We were getting ready for some leisurely riding around the area. Colorado has so many wonderful roads and Harris being from there was excited to show us them. This day there was about 20 riders, not everyone wanted to go or could go for what ever reason. It was quite the site having so many in our pink parade. We were meeting Pam and going for breakfast before we set out to Mnt Estes. Having Harris and Donna give us all a little talking to about riding your own ride was a good thing. Not that EVERYONE listened lol. I will come to that and explain, why, someone got the nickname Ditch digger Denver!!


Here my buddy Doc and I are. Unreal it felt to be riding with her again. As you can see we are supporting not only the Conga Ride but the Breast Ride Ever from Windsor Ontario, whom we hope to connect with these gals on the Conga IV. 
We just had our breaky and were getting ready to roll. Harris and his pink parade. Now Harris doesnt usually ride with big groups and not knowing any of us. We certainly drew attention with every stop we made. The gal that served us was in her early 20's and told us she had been fighting Breast Cancer for 10 years and didn't know how long she had but was going to live every day to the fullest. She had the pink ribbon tattooed on her back. We stopped at one place to fuel up and the attendant gave us $100 bill. The thing is when you are all pinked out like that , it is easy to raise money. Most of the time, we just say "Would you care to make a small donation" So even when we are just out riding, we are raising money easily.
It was an amazing ride, beautiful big twisties. Everyone was happy and riding at their own pace. Harris warned us we might get rained on a little as he almost never road this road without at least a little rain. And that it did. The skies opened up, then out came the sun.  A little while later it felt like rocks were coming out of the sky and basically it was. Hard rocks of hail. Pellet flying at us. I got a fat lip and a swollen lip. The traffic slowed down to about 5miles an hour. Not too long after that out came the sun again. Harris was up front with Biird, Vgirl. I was just doing the speed limit as the last thing I wanted was any issues. I could totally see Biird and Vgirl were enjoying flying around the curves. Not that anyone should even try to keep up with Harris. Wilbur was behind me, so I waved him by, as I also didn't want to hold anyone back if they were so inclined. As I was coming around a curve I saw that the group pulled over. I thought they were just waiting for us. It was more than that. I saw Vgirl and Wilbur hugging each other. It wasn't just a little hug. Then they looked at each other and hugged and hugged. I got this big knot in my stomach and asked the what the heck??? They both looked shaken and white in the face... Your brother... he went in the ditch!! Well, I could see he was alright, sorta! They were looking at the bike and describing what had just happened. He came over and gave me a big hug and said "Thanks Sis"... I am  like, for WHAT?? he told me when he realized he was going in the ditch, he heard me yelling at him saying..."Look where you want to go....THROTTLE UP, OR YOU'LL GO DOWN" . He did exactly that!! Harris said he saw the whole thing in his mirrors and thought omg, this is not going to be good! Biird kept going thinking...I just know he  is going to be fine. Well, he did good, and it was a huge wake up call to him. All I can say is thanks once again to Ride Like a Pro now wouldn't ya know it, that is where he got the name  DDD DITCH DIGGER DENVER, from Miss Docdonna!! We could all laugh about it a little while later. All in all it was a great day, and we headed back to our hotel to eat drink and be merry. And of course raise money. Check out the hairdo that raised about 180 bucks in half an hour
This is Miss Fancypants, not looking to Fancy and traveling with a hairdresser I might add. I think she should fire her!!! She was plum worn out after that day of riding but couldn't wait to share the stories with everyone else. We had all the beer boobie koozies to sell to raise money and there just happened to be alot of men in the lounge that night.. Big kutos to our Princess for going with the flo and not worrying about the hair raising day!!!It is all about fun raising.

No comments: