Saturday, September 11, 2010

Day 4 Leaving Superior heading to Helena

As we were leaving Superior, someone asked us if we were going to a wedding. I guess it appeared that way with all the frills and pink and sparkles even though we had pink ribbons all over the place. Pretty unreal, how sad the bikes and our new leather were starting to look already. The bikes already needed cleaning desperately. Alot of stuff had blown off now. Biird told me I was going to get busted for littering. We had pulled over for a photo op and some fun. She gets off her bike and say omg Flo, littering and those magnets dont stay on. We were laughing so hard and told her it was a temperature thing, it wasn't warm enough and they hadn't molded to her fender yet. I had two of them flying at me, trying to decapitate me. I had to take off the beads from my windshield as they were seriously pinging me in my face.
Onward we went until we came to this little place as we were looking for gas.. Testicle Festival??? yur kidding me? Nope we all bought a set of testicals to hang off our bike, even Biird, even Wilbur, but Miss Fancypants refused to hang testicles on her Princess bike...tee hee
This is Robins trike, I will never forget the site, as we were coming down the mountain, she was waiting on the side with Lonnie taking pics. Her bike had pink boa's and she had a long pink wig on, feathers and hair blowin in the wind. Nice curvy roads, a sister from out of the blue arrives proudly to take us through her home town, open up her store and take us to her home and cooks us a barbeque. Tears were rolling down my face, I was choking up feeling silly and proud at the same time. Later to find out I was not the only one who's face was leaking. Of course it would be the first time of many that there were tears of joy along our journey.

We always take time to do the Conga pose and have our picture with the banner when people come and go. I am hoping to get it together and make a Calender one of these days. I guess I best on that, the new year is not that far away and we are already planning the Conga IV.
Lonnie, Fancypants, Flo, Vgirl, Robin, Biird, Wilbur
Here we are saying good bye getting ready to Conga on!! It was a short very sweet day!
What a great time we had in the Leather Store. I believe we were in there for 4 hours. Of course everyone spent money and our little Biird was continuously reminding me that we still had a long way to go to our next destination which would be Yellowstone. Wilbur was looking forward to meeting Yogi Bear, lol. We would also be picking up a new sista Shiela.
Of course there was always a little time for the Biird to get down, and take some pics. She is quite the photographer always trying a new angle of some sort. Road leader, photographer, and can't forget to mention always making sure we had topped off the gas tank. As time went by  and the Biird flew away,  we would always say... Now what would Biirdie say.. Fill it up, let's go, you know we need to get moving. Great having someone be the boss (funnin ya Biird) It just warms my heart when I think of so many moments and how far she had come, from our first conversation only a year previous, to her taking charge.  I rode behind her most of the time, and when we pulled up beside each other, she would wink, or blow me a kiss, or just say... I love you Flo, and I would do the same.

Here we are down to the five of us again, heading to Helena in Montana to meet our new sister Robin from The Leather Store and More she had been one of our biggest supporters of the Conga from the beginning. She was so hoping we were going to cross paths and that she could join for a bit. It didn't seem to be in the cards until the last minute. She was so damn excited, how could we not go. Robin donated some awesome leathers that her husband Lonnie made. Beautiful leather fringes and leather leg chaps that we auctioned off. We were pretty excited as she told us she would open her store for us on the sunday. And so they did!

Here we are in our favorite pose. Wilbur needs some training lol. 4 Canadians and an American Biird. Golly we had fun at every darn stop. I particularly love the sword fight (deer paw) that Biird and Wilbur were having. Laugh so damn hard Fancy was wishing for some depends. 

No comments: