Saturday, May 8, 2010

Pretty Cool letter I recieve this morning!


Flo,

I came across you through your Women Who Ride Rock facebook page. You and
Doc are doing such awesome work and just wanted to share my current project
with you because it would mean so much to have your support.

As a female motorcycle rider I'm tired of hearing "women don't ride
motorcycles", so I started The Visibility Project to share the stories of
women who don't just sit around and watch the boys have fun.

This summer I'm traveling all over compiling footage for a feature length,
action packed documentary. I'm filming women motorcycle riders,
skateboarders, musicians, entrepreneurs, film makers, you name it... if it's
a story worth telling, I want to tell it.

I'm reaching out to like-minded people to make connections, collaborations,
and to help gain exposure for the project.

Please have a look at my website:
http://www.starkravingmadeleine.com

and our latest promo video (motorcycle riding!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaAtqWpHL-U

If it sounds like a project you can support, please share it in any way you
can.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on it. I'm always looking for interesting
women to film, as well as connecting with companies interested in supporting
the project.

Hopefully our paths will cross this summer! Please keep me informed about
the July ride as I'd love to find the resources to film such a positive and
energetic event! Keep up the good work!

Madeleine

Stark Raving Madeleinehttp://www.starkravingmadeleine.com
info@starkravingmadeleine.com

Help us fight back against a culture that says girls are accessories, that
says over 30 is too old, that perpetuates the myth of girls watch: boys do.

No comments: